Data Centre - Infrastructure
Our experience at BCIT ranges from the management of SME computer rooms to high availability Global Investment Bank Data Centres. Working in these environments demands a high level of commercial and technical awareness and observance of controls and process that are unique to each organization. Our engineers are fully versed in industry best practice meaning you can be confident that your environment is safe in our hands.
Data Centre/ Comms Room Design & Construction
Working with our partner organization we can take an empty space and deliver you a fully functioning Comms Room/ Data Centre. BCIT have delivered numerous Comms Room builds and refurbishments from the Nordics to Italy, from the UK to Poland.
We work with our clients’ Real Estate teams, Architects, local suppliers and our own delivery teams to manage the end-to-end process of delivering new IT facilities.
To complete the offering, we also have the capability to deal with all M&E & CRAC (Comms Room Air Conditioning) system requirements.
Data Centre Audit/ Remediation
Many of our clients’ IT facilities have ‘evolved’ over time. One of our services in demand is to carry out a best practice and H&S assessment of a Comms Room. Our surveys typically cover;
• H&S – Electrical/ Laser light/ physical hazards
• Cabling – Critical bends/ Patching issues/ Cable density issues
• M&E – Temp/ Humidity/ UPS/ CRAC Units/ BMS
• Legacy – Equipment/ Cabling/ Services/ Telecommunications circuits
• Signage – Prohibited items/ H&S
• Controls – Access/ Change/ Data Centre protocol
• Cabinets – Space utilization/ Opportunity for consolidation
• Testing – Power failover testing at UPS and device level
Following the survey we produce a comprehensive report and remediation plan for review with the client.